May 28, 2020
Guest: Jim Sullivan, CPA/PFS
Client 65+ and those with certain medical conditions are at
higher risk for contracting COVID-19. If they are affected by the
virus, you can help them understand their increased Medicare
benefits put in place by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid
Services. In this episode, learn from Jim Sullivan, CPA/PFS, as he
answers questions about the changes to Medicare benefits like:
- What testing and treatment does Medicare cover for
- How have telemedicine services been expanded?
- If a vaccine is approved, will it be covered by Medicare?
- How have the special rules for Medicare coverage for a skilled
nursing facility changed?
- Can beneficiaries obtain extended supplies of prescription
- What if out-of-network care is needed?
- What to consider with Medicare Advantage plans?
Access the related resources from this podcast:
The episode is brought to you by the
AICPA’s Personal Financial Planning Section, the premier
provider of information, tools, advocacy and guidance for
professionals who specialize in providing tax, estate, retirement,
risk management and investment planning advice and by the CPA/PFS
Credential program which allows CPAs to demonstrate competence
and confidence in providing these services to their clients. Visit
us online at
www.aicpa.org/pfp to join our community and gain access to
valuable member-only benefits.
Don’t miss an episode – subscribe to our podcast series on
iTunes or Pod-o-Matic or
Spotify! Just search for “AICPA Personal Financial Planning” on
any Apple, Android or Windows device.